Thursday, January 04, 2007

2005 Completed Projects

I started knitting mid-November of 2005, so the number of 2005 projects is limited.

Until today, I wasn't keeping track of the dates I started/completed projects, so all dates are estimates of what I remember.


#1 Garter Stitch Scarf

Garter Stitch Scarf

Pattern: None; cast on 25 stitches, knit every stitch
Yarn: Bernat Envy, #66530 (Luxury Red), 6 skeins
Needles:US 15
Project Timeline: 11/14/05ish – Week of 11/28/05 (I think)
Notes: This was my first project EVER (unless you count the random scarf I was taught how to knit on). I know there are random dropped stitches, and random increases, but the fuzziness of the yarn hides it all. I still love this scarf, it’s such a pretty color.


#2 Magic Scarf

Magic Scarf

Pattern: Crazy Aunt Purl
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Black, 2 skeins, and Forest Heather, 1 skein
Needles: US 9
Project Timeline: Right before Thanksgiving, 2005, until sometime in December, 2005
Notes: At the time, this project was terribly complicated for me. I had to teach myself how to purl, which was slow going. But in the end, I really like it. It still sits in my apartment, waiting for the right recipient. And now, after cables and lace, the scarf isn’t so daunting (or so tempting to make) anymore.


#3 Coif

Coif

Pattern: Knitty
Yarn: Ornaghi Filati Bazar, #500, 1 skein
Needles: US 9/US 7
Project Timeline: Sometime in December 2005, I guess?
Notes: My first Knitty pattern! My first increases and decreases! This was a gift for Kristen – I’ve never seen her wear it except the day I gave it to her, but I hope she likes it.


#5 Windy City Scarf

Windy City Scarf

Pattern: Stitch n’ Bitch
Yarn: Rowan Kid Classic, #828 (Feather), 1 skein, and #845 (Batter), 1 skein
Needles: US 9
Project Timeline: Again, sometime in December 2005
Notes: Susan’s Christmas present (Susan and Kristen were the first recipients of knitted gifts from me). This yarn was really cozy – it must be my aversion to scarves and sweaters that has caused me to not use it again. I also liked the Chicago connection with the scarf pattern :-)


#6 Edgar

Edgar

Pattern: Knitty
Yarn: Noro Kureyon, #157, 2 skeins
Needles: US 9
Project Timeline: AGAIN, December 2005
Notes: I think this is one of my favorite scarf patterns of all time. Despite its simplicity, the knitting goes really fast, and with the color changes and the different stitch counts, is always interesting. This scarf was gifted to my aunt Chris, but one day I might have to make one for myself using the wonderful Noro yarn (particularly since it would probably only take a day to make).

#8 Toddle

Pattern: Knitty
Yarn: Classic Elite Yarns Princess, #3493 (Cobalt), 2 skeins (I think)
Needles: US 8
Project Timeline: December 2005, it seems – I remember finishing this on the plane the day after Christmas
Notes: I made this for my godson, Daven. It was my first experience with cables, and I decided that I didn’t need a cable needle, and would just use a double pointed needle. Well, it worked, but never again! I’m pretty sure I never told my cousin that this yarn was called Princess, because I think she would have been unsure of having her son wear the scarf! I left out the keyhole, because I just didn’t feel like dealing with it. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 04, 2010 3:19 AM, Anonymous woman having sex dog stories said...

I had no choice, and once it got under way, Isorta lost it. ``Just a thought.
adult theater stories
femdom fantasy stories
grandmother incest stories
sex stories adult horses
my wife my femdom free stories
I had no choice, and once it got under way, Isorta lost it. ``Just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home