Thursday, January 18, 2007

Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Pattern: Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns Superwash Wool, Hungarian Horntail Dragon, 1 skein
Needles: US 1.5 (US 0 for the cuff)
Project Timeline: 12/23/06 - 1/11/07

I made these socks for Herb for his birthday, and I think they came out really well. My second experience with Sunshine Yarns was as wonderful as the first - no pooling, just beautiful variegation in wonderful colors (in a manly way, of course). This is good, because I have so many more skeins of this yarn (including one in this color, that will be for me). The pattern was great - the whole book has these wonderful patterns that are so well written, down to every last detail. I really liked how it looked in the photo, and was pleasantly surprised to see how deceptively simple it was. And Herb says he likes the socks, and that's the most important part!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home