Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Rockin' Sock Club 2007 - The End, uhh, Was Near

Work has finally died down, after a month plus of chaos, and hopefully that means I can post more often. This is very good, because I have a SERIOUS backlog of projects to write about. Also, it's either that I'm actually knitting faster or project monogamy makes it SEEM like I'm knitting faster, but I seem to be finishing projects a whole lot faster these days. I knit a pair of socks (on a deadline) in a week in the middle of January! Yikes!

Anyhow, in continuing the last post about sock clubs, I will today post about the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club for 2007. As you might remember, I did not re-up my membership. But, I have since last talking about it finished pair #5 from 2007 and received the last club shipment.

First, my Lenore socks, since I finished them before receiving the last kit (which I did 4 out of 5 times during 2007):

Lenore - 2 of 2

Pattern: Blue Moon Fiber Arts (Rockin' Sock Club October pattern)
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Lightweight, Lenore, 1 skein
Needles: US 1.5
Project Timeline: 11/8/07 - 11/27/07

These had me cast on only 63 stitches, and I was unsure if this was going to be enough, but the Yarn Harlot (author of the pattern) assured us in the pattern that it would be fine. And she was right! I really like how these fit, since they are snug (not too snug) and stay up well on my leg. Also, I love the color - I can wear these with almost anything.

Both the color and the pattern were inspired by Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven," which I also enjoy.

Here's another shot, this time with both feet:

Lenore - 1 of 2

Now onto the December package! Speculation started before everyone started to receive the kits that it would be a Cat Bordhi pattern, and we were not let down!

Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight - Bella Coola / Nuxalk

This one is the Mediumweight version of the yarn, and the color is Bella Coola / Nuxalk, and the color and the pattern (Salish Sea Socks) are related to each other, though I don't remember how. The pattern uses one of Cat Bordhi's new constructions from her new book. I can't wait to try these, and hopefully get the book at some point, because I'm really intrigued by a challenge. The color is very blue - I don't navigate towards blues usually, but I like this well enough. Hopefully I'll be able to knit these up soon (probably after the current pair of socks I have on the needles, which are being done in Dream in Color Smooshy!).

I'm sad the club is over, particularly because 2008 participants have already received their first kit, and it's very red, which is my favorite color. But I keep reminding myself that I have plenty of sock yarn, and that I can always buy that color sometime next year. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home