Friday, December 14, 2007

Summer of Love Lace in Winter

Why not avoid work by posting something I finished knitting more than a month ago! Whee!

Summer of Love Lace Socks - 4 of 7

Pattern: Blue Moon Fiber Arts (Rockin' Sock Club August pattern)
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Lightweight, Flower Power, 1 skein
Needles: US 1.5
Timeline: 10/27/07 - 11/6/07

These were a relatively quick knit, and as I've already said, I don't love them for me, but I would for a little girl. So, I haven't worn them yet. Whenever I go to grab a pair of handknit socks, I just think these aren't appropriate. I want more than my ankles covered in wool, typically. Hopefully I find some use for them.

Here's an up close picture of the cuff:

Summer of Love Lace Socks - 6 of 7

That really was the only difficult part of the sock, so these went relatively fast (less than two weeks). In case you're curious about construction:

Summer of Love Lace Socks - 1 of 7

This was the only Rockin' Sock Club package that I was not able to finish before the next arrived. I already have the October kit finished, it just needs to be photographed, so that is complete before the December kit arrives. And since I didn't renew, not finishing the December kit in time won't be a problem! Hopefully it'll be something that I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home