Tuesday, January 15, 2008

More 2007 Purses

I hate when work gets in the way of knitting... or knitblogging, as it were in this case, because I've been pretty busy knitting (I just finished a sock project tonight, but it's a secret until the recipient receives it!). There are, however, more 2007 projects to show (one of these days I'll be caught up). I got the last two purses off to my sisters (I might have knit one of them right before I gifted it....) when I was visiting family over Christmas.... and here they are!

Unbiased - 2 of 2

Pattern: Knitty
Yarn: Recycled Sari Silk from The Hunger Site, about 1 1/2 skeins
Needles: US 7
Timeline: 6/27/07 - 7/4/07

This one went to my sister Christina. She bought me a skein of sari silk last year for Christmas, so I thought she'd appreciate this the most. The yarn was difficult on my hands, but the end result was worth it. If I were to make this again, I'd make it less wide and deeper, and it could definitely use a lining and a closure. I have never done a lining before, though, so it might be awhile before I get to it!

Brown "Paper" Bag - 1 of 2

Pattern: Knitty
Yarn: Brown Sheep Company Lamb's Pride Bulky, Wild Oak (M-08), 2 skeins
Needles: US 10.5
Timeline:12/19/07 - 12/21/07

My sister Kim is a vegetarian, so I thought she'd appreciate a reusable lunch bag. This one I knit in front of my family, which was interesting, because they totally didn't get the idea of felting (my mom asked me to explain every time I said it and said she didn't understand my knitting language), and didn't get the idea of the bag until after it was complete. Ohh well! I think it came out beautifully, though. After I took the picture, I made my sister a handle for it with the leftover yarn, and I still feel I should send her a clasp. But, since I only see her once a year, I figured I should just gift it then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home