Friday, November 16, 2007

Loopy Ewe Swap

It seems that there are a lot of different swaps out there, and I've always been curious about them, though never participated. That is about to change! I joined The Loopy Ewe Swap (okay, I joined more than a month ago) and I'm really excited about it!

The rules have us knitting something for our swap partner with yarn purchased from The Loopy Ewe. We also should send along something that reminds us of home. Well, I have big plans for the "something that reminds us of home" (Boston Baked Beans - the candy - and a skein of sock yarn from Mind's Eye Yarns come to mind first), but I decided to stretch that theme to the limit with my knitted object selection.

First, the yarn:

J. Knits Superwash Me - Boston

The yarn is from J. Knits, a Massachusetts dyer (which is the state in which I live). The color of the yarn? Boston. :-) I'm not sure if I'd say that Boston is blue, but hey, who am I to judge, particularly since my swap partner likes this color. :-)

And the pattern comes from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road, and is titled "New England". I think it's a really cute pattern, fits with my theme, and comes from a book that I don't think my swap partner owns.

I really can't wait to start working on these, but I need to finish Lenore first (first sock will be done tonight, maybe a picture next week)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home