Saturday, February 24, 2007

Hedera Socks

I finally started and finished a pair of socks for me:

Hedera Socks

Pattern: Knitty
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential, Burgundy, 2 skeins
Needles: US 1.5 (US 0 for the cuffs)
Project Timeline: 1/11/07 - 2/18/07

I don't LOVE them, but they're all right. The pattern sorta grew on me, but the yarn isn't that fabulous. I had bought it back when I was still really new to sock knitting - I had wanted to build myself up to working with nice yarn and fancy patterns. Of course, Christmas knitting changed all that, but this was the pattern meant to go with this yarn, so I did it. Still, it's nice to have them over with, and a new pair of hand knit socks is still a new pair of hand knit socks.

Plus, most of the knitting was done on the T going to and from work, so it was a good use of my time.

Here's a close up of the lace pattern:

Hedera Socks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home