Thursday, May 03, 2007

New Slippers!

What happens when you start wearing holes in your slippers? You knit new ones!

Fuzzy Feet

Pattern: Knitty
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted, Periwinkle, 2 skeins
Needles: US 10.5
Project Timeline: 4/15/07 - 4/17/07

I had been wanting to knit these for awhile, but just hadn't gotten around to buying the yarn and doing so. But, I had been so good and did not buy a single skein of yarn during Lent (so I got Sock Club shipments, that doesn't count) - so I decided to use my store credit at Spark for yarn for new slippers. I got 1 skein of the Lamb's Pride and 5 skeins of Tahki Cotton Classic, and after store credit, it only cost me a few dollars. That was great, except... I ran out of yarn four rows before the toe decreases started on the second slipper. :-( I ended up buying 2 more skeins of the Lamb's Pride, so that I could make a second pair of slippers, either as backup or when these wear out. They were such a quick knit that I might just knit them, felt them and put them away sometime when I'm looking for a fast project.

The Lamb's Pride felted super fast - just one trip through the washer (Cascade 220 usually takes a few trips). And they are really warm and cozy, too. The only thing I miss from my old store-bought slippers is the extra padding on the bottom. I may look into slipper bottoms for the next pair. I was going to put puff paint on the bottom of them, but there is minimal slipping and sliding on my hardwood floors, so I probably won't bother with this pair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home