Monday, May 07, 2007

Sunshine Yarns Sock Club - April and Weekend Knitting

Here is the April shipment of the Sunshine Yarns Sock Club:

Sunshine Yarns Sock Club - April

The color is called Airy Triple Dye, and I think it's my favorite of the four I've received so far. It's mostly light blue with little flecks of brown. The pattern is a nice bonus, because I wasn't expecting it when I signed up. Dani said in a note that there will probably also be a pattern with the last shipment as well.

Weekend knitting was spent working on the three main projects. I made some progress on the baby blanket - I'm on to the 7th of 9 balls of green yarn. At this point each ball gets me no more than 10 rows (and that could go down) and I have over 600 stitches on the blanket, which should mean a diameter of 30". I also worked on the cardigan - the body is finished and I've moved on to the first sleeve. This is going rather quickly - I think I overestimate how long it takes to make a garment sometimes (thinking back to the tops I knit last summer). And I did a few pattern repeats on the sock - I was hoping to get more done but that was not to be. It will probably become a priority if (when, really) I finish the main cardigan knitting before the sock is finished. I can only really do two rows on the baby blanket at a time (weekends I can get 4 rows done in a day if I do 2 rows in the morning and 2 more at night).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home