Monday, January 21, 2008

My ears require a hat!

Last month, I was looking for a skein of yarn, for a project in which I've run out (and I'm still looking, but that's not the point). So I stopped into Windsor Button, but they didn't have what I was looking for (Classic Elite Cotton Chenille in Bourgainvilla - #07 - if you must know). And then I looked at Woolcott, and they didn't have it either (I guess it's too much of a spring/summer color of Cotton Chenille?). What they did have was another Classic Elite yarn, and it was too pretty for me to pass up - Waterlily. This yarn looks like it's a handpainted semi solid, and it has such a nice twist (which of course translated into wonderful stitch definition). I just had to have it. I grabbed 2 balls of it in the Bramble (1927) color, figuring I could make a hat to match my leather gloves (which coincidentally go well with my Clapotis). I figured out what pattern to make on my way home from Woolcott, realized I had the other component necessary for the hat, cast on as soon as I got home, and finished (after starting three times, ahem) the next day:

Odessa

Pattern: Magknits
Yarn: Classic Elite Waterlily, Bramble (1927), 2 skeins
Needles: US 4/US 6
Project Timeline: 12/15/07 - 12/16/07

The beads are size 6/0 translucent peach seed beads in Translucent Peach, purchased from Fire Mountain Gems and Beads, and I just happened to have them in my (very small) bead stash. I used 120 of them.

The hat fits perfect (that's the three starts talking) and covers my ears well. Which is good, because it is COLD here in Boston the past couple of days!

This is not a good picture, but it's all I have, and gives you an idea of how it fits me. Hopefully it's a good representation of the color, fit and pattern.

Too bad I left it at home in my haste today, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home