Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I want to make lace!

I keep staring at the pictures in Victorian Lace Today. It's such a pretty book. I started dreaming last night about making every single shawl in there (okay, almost every single one - I'm not loving the collar things toward the end of the book), and then making VARIATIONS of the shawls with different center motifs and borders. I could get very, very addicted to lace it seems (just like socks!). Maybe lace will be preferred summer knitting and socks will be preferred winter? Who knows.

I have yarn, too. I have four skeins of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Anthracite. That is destined to be a rectangular shawl for me to keep at work ( I get cold easily). I also have three different cones of 2/28 silk laceweight from Colourmart (the colors are wine, camel and Melissa - a very pale green, as they say), and one of them is destined to be that half-moon shaped shawl. And just this morning I was thinking that I certainly have a skein of two of sock yarn that I wouldn't mind making a shawl out of, possibly one of those wide-bordered scarves that have the fun construction (knit edge border, turn, knit body, turn, knit edge border).

I have promised myself I will finish the pinwheel blanket first, though, before I start a lace project. It's just getting harder to hold myself to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home