Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Finishing Old Projects

Sometimes a project really gets away from you. Take for instance the camisole you are about to see. I started this last summer (early summer, too, in June sometime) and I'm sure I did most of the knitting in a short amount of time. The yarn, Knit Picks Main Line, was easy to work with because of the wool content and it's a color I love. But I got all the way to the decreases, to the point where I had only 12 total stitches left and just needed to do some i-cord straps, when I realized the top was huge. I was ready to frog it and start over, this time with smaller needles, but I just threw it in a bag and forgot about it until a few months ago. I took out, this time definitely planning on recapturing the yarn, but decided to try it on again just to make sure. And this time, well, maybe it wasn't so big (gaining weight will do that). It certainly seemed wearable enough, and while maybe not the best fit, better than the prospect of frogging, washing the yarn and then knitting a whole new top. So I finished it, and wore it for the first time this weekend. Here's the "Honeymoon Cami":

Honeymoon Cami #2

Pattern: Knitty
Yarn: Knit Picks Main Line, Red Velvet Cake, 8 skeins
Needles: US 5
Project Timeline: 6/06 - 4/7/07

I knit the large size, and I used a different lace pattern for the bottom edge - I'm not sure what it is at this point, but it was from my knitting pattern a day calendar from last year. It wore well during the day - I barely noticed it (I'm not a fan of the bagging in the armpit area, but what can you do - if I make the straps longer it will be too low cut for what I want). The wool/cotton blend was nice on a pretty muggy day. This is my second honeymoon cami, and I think for now I'm going to move on to different knit tanks. Still a pretty nice pattern, though.

I took this picture using the self-timer option on my camera. I look ridiculously silly, and tried a few more times to get a shot where I wasn't looking so high up, but those cut off my head, and I grew tired of trying. Maybe next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home