Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties

The cardigan is not cropped. And I didn't get a picture of me wearing it. I do however have a picture of it with the dress I wore:

Cardigan with leaf ties

Pattern: Knitty
Yarn: Knit Picks Andean Silk, Cream, about 8 skeins
Needles: US 7 (and a 3.75mm crochet hook)
Project Timeline: 4/27/07 - 6/19/07

It wound up being everything I wanted it to be - a nice cover-up that did not hide my dress. I hope to get a lot of future use out of it, too, because it is so cute, soft and warm. I may have to purchase Stephanie Japel's Fitted Knits, which is where the pattern really comes from.

As I already said, I did not make it cropped. I lengthened the body and the sleeves to be, well, full-lengthed. Because of the extra length on the body of the cardigan, I had to figure out something to do with the edges, and I wound up using a crochet border. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably add a few stitches on either side as I knit to create a garter or seed stitch border, or picked them up BEFORE fastening the ties to do one of those things. But this did the trick.

This sweater was several first for me - my first cardigan, my first sweater with sleeves, my first real seam (the ipod cozy that's still in progress doesn't really count, my first hemmed edges, and my first applied i-cord edging. Wow.

I haven't decided what my next sweater will be - a summer tank (I have the yarn and patterns for several) or A Cardigan for Arwen, from the Winter 2006 Interweave Knits. I'll let you know when I decide. :-)

3 Comments:

At July 04, 2007 10:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

that's so pretty! and it looks gorgeous with your dress, which is also very pretty. :-)

 
At July 05, 2007 11:45 AM, Blogger Lizzardie said...

Thank you! I love the sweater - I want to wear it all the time! :-)

 
At March 12, 2008 11:47 AM, Blogger PenCraft said...

This turned out really cute! I was thinking of making the same pattern and looked on Ravelry to see if anyone had made a long version--which is what I wanted to do. I really like it! nice job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home