Monday, June 18, 2007

I Broke My Yarn Diet

*Sigh* I guess it was bound to happen. I signed up for the Yarn Pirate "Booty Club". I told myself I was done with sock clubs, because while it's nice to get surprise yarn in the mail, yarn diets aren't any fun, and it would be nicer to shell out $20-$30 for a sock yarn I know I will like each month (not that I'm really all that picky - besides, if I don't like a color, I know I can always find someone who does like it). But the Yarn Pirate club is a good deal I think - $80 for each three months - and I figure that if I'm really disappointed by the first set, I can always cancel.

At least I've decided that I'm NOT going to sign up for the Sunshine Yarns Harry Potter Sock Club. While it might be my only opportunity to get Gryffindor self-striping yarn (I was hoping to make a friend a pair of socks out of it - might have to just see if I can find yarn in those two colors), I just can't justify the cost.

Ahh well. I'm just going to have to work $80 every three months into the budget. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home