Thursday, July 05, 2007

Sunshine Yarns Sock Club - Last Package

It's been more than a week since my last post, huh? Yikes! The thing is, I do most of my posting at work (because I want to do mostly knitting at home), and work is busy during July. So, maybe less posts this month (or not, depending on the number of FOs I have).

Anyhow, I received my last skein from the inaugural Sunshine Yarns Sock Club:

Sunshine Yarns Sock Club - June

The color is called Daring (and it's in her Soft yarn), and it might be my favorite, at least in the "I would never buy this but I really like it" vein.

Here are all of the colors from this sock club:

Sunshine Yarns Sock Club - All

In case you need a memory refresher, the colors are Sweet, Fresh, Deep, Airy, Colorful and Daring. The first two were in the Soft yarn, then two in the Twist, and the last two in the Soft.

Now, I KNOW that when you sign up for a sock club and you're getting mystery skeins, you don't get to be picky. So I'm not complaining, really, I got exactly what I paid for (which included some goodies, and I love my sheep notepad).

But. Do you notice the amount of blue in the skeins? All but the second skein had some blue in it. Two of the skeins are predominantly blue. I like blue (and pink for that matter, because there's a lot of that, too). But I also like red and green and purple and neutrals. I just would have LIKED some more variety, that's all I'm saying.

I still love her yarns. I'll still probably buy more (though right now, unless I see a must-have colorway, I'm holding back, because I currently have 16 skeins of her yarn, in addition to a ton of other sock yarn). And I bet there's someone out there who loved all six skeins and was absolutely thrilled. I just wanted to give my opinion.

I have the Yarn Pirate Booty Club starting up this month (this week, hopefully) and the Chewy Spaghetti club next month. And I still have the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club, which I have just loved being a part of. We'll see what those bring me - I do love getting the surprises in the mail, so at least there's that. :-)

2 Comments:

At July 05, 2007 2:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh so pretty!! What's the Yarn Pirate Booty Club? Arghhhh!!!

 
At July 06, 2007 12:39 PM, Blogger Lizzardie said...

Yarn Pirate can be found here: http://www.yarnpirate.com. I'm pretty sure the Booty Club is full right now (no idea how long it's running or when she'll open it up again), but you can order other Yarn Pirate yarns directly from her site. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home