Friday, August 24, 2007

August Shipment of Rockin' Sock Club

Apparently my yarn thief has not learned just how often I have yarn delivered, because my August shipment from the Rockin' Sock Club arrived unscathed. :-P Here's the whole thing:

Rockin' Sock Club - August

We got a skein of Socks That Rock Lightweight (my new favorite) in Flower Power, the emergency skein keychain, the Love Lace pattern, Dyer's Notes (of course), a few pages on sock history and a couple of temporary tattoos to complete the Summer of Love theme.

The colorway...

Rockin' Sock Club - August

... is not one that I would have chosen for myself, and not one of my favorites. In fact, I think it's my least favorite of the four we've gotten so far (it's the orange, it's just not a great shade). But I don't hate it, and I will knit with it.

As for the pattern...

Rockin' Sock Club - August

... I have mixed feelings. It's not something I would have picked or my favorite FOR MYSELF. I think it would make a fantastic pattern for a little girl, though, and I also think it's going to be a fun knit... it's got a somewhat unique construction, at least as far as the cuff is concerned. So I will knit it for myself (since that's what I have decided to do with club patterns), and I'm sure I'll enjoy the process, even if I don't love the finished outcome. But I do hope one day there's a little girl I can modify the pattern for, because they'd be ohh so cute on little feet. :-)

1 Comments:

At August 24, 2007 9:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you got this package! The colors are very hippy dippy heh :-)

I got my ravelry invite tonight! I'm under "infiknit". Haven't done a thing with it yet, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home