Monday, October 29, 2007

Openwork Rib Socks

In case you haven't seen enough finished projects from me lately...

Openwork Rib Socks - 1 of 2

Pattern: Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Chewy Spaghetti Spaghettoni, Frivolous, 1 skein (from the Blue Plate Special Sock Club)
Needles: US 2.5
Project Timeline: 9/24/07 - 10/6/07

This pair of socks was finished more than three weeks ago, lest you think I finish projects that quickly. If you recall, I completed almost the entire first sock traveling from Italy back to Boston. Because it's sportweight yarn, it knits up pretty quickly.

I'm reasonably happy with these. The yarn is nice and soft, which makes for cozy socks. I'm starting to really love socks where the pattern starts right away, and there's no separate ribbing section (which happened with these, only because I didn't have US 1.5 needles with me on my trip). I used most of the skein - there was a little left, but not much, which is impressive for top-down socks (and I never separate the yarn into two equal balls). These aren't my favorite colors, and that's really my only complaint, but that's what you get from a sock club!

Here's another shot, up close on the stitch pattern and gusset:

Openwork Rib Socks - 2 of 2

In other news, I'm wearing my Knee High to a Grasshopper socks for the first time today. The verdict is that while they don't fall down right away, they definitely don't want to quite stay up. SO... I think I might get some elastic thread, and weave it into the top ribbing, to see if that helps. When I get around to this, I'll let you know how it works out!

2 Comments:

At October 29, 2007 3:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love love love them!! Great colorway, it makes me happy just looking at it. :-)

 
At October 30, 2007 10:35 AM, Blogger Lizzardie said...

Well, if you're looking for a quick knit, I highly recommend Chewy Spaghetti's sportweight yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home