Monday, August 20, 2007

A Cardigan for Italy

I think I mentioned my trip to Italy next month - 12 days (well, I guess it's more like 11) touring around Italy with my roommate - we're going to Rome, Sorrento, Florence, Milan and Venice, with a few stops in between (Isle of Capri, Pisa, Verona, etc...). I'm really looking forward to the trip, because I've always wanted go. I'm REALLY looking forward to all of the food and wine we'll be having (both my roommate and I are kind of wine snobs).

I decided that I was going to make myself a sweater for the trip, and the lucky winner was A Cardigan for Arwen, by Kate Gilbert, which can be found in the Winter 2006 edition of Interweave Knits. I'm not sure I'm going to make my deadline, as the cardigan is on hold (!!!) right now, due to a friend's upcoming birthday and the socks I'm way behind on, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

I've finished the left front:

A Cardigan for Arwen - Left Front

And I am up to the sleeve cast on for the right front - that leaves the rest of the right front and the back (which I imagine will be pretty easy), plus a lot of seaming, to go! The left front took me a little over a week, and I leave in 24 days (I'm not counting or anything...), so I think I can do it, even with the devil socks needing to be completed beforehand (the socks are lovely, they are just taking forever - I'll of course show them once they are done and gifted).

The sweater is being knit out of Cascade 220 in the Pistachio colorway (#8234). I think it's a lovely shade of earthy green (my friend says the sweater looks very hobbity, particularly with my chosen color). I am again cabling without a cable needle, like I did with The Solstice Slip, and that is going along swimmingly. Look at this closeup of the cable:

A Cardigan for Arwen - Left Front

I'm almost (ALMOST, I say) as excited about the sweater as I am about my trip!

2 Comments:

At August 23, 2007 8:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the color of that yarn. I love cables too! They're one of my favorite things to knit!

 
At August 23, 2007 11:43 AM, Blogger Lizzardie said...

Hehehe, I don't particularly love knitting cables, but I love how these are turning out! I can't wait until the sweater is done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home