Friday, August 17, 2007

Sock Club Goodness

I haven't really mentioned the sock clubs I'm in lately, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been any sock club goodness going on around here!

For instance, last month I received my first shipment from the Yarn Pirate Booty Club:

Yarn Pirate Booty Club - July

The colorway is called Rum Runner, and it looks like a lot of fun. I haven't figure out what it will be yet, but I'm looking forward to knitting it up.

And that little package next to the skein of yarn? That's a limited edition soap from Good Soapworks of Athens, created just for the Booty Club! I heard Georgia asked for something spicy - to me, this smells like cinnamon. I'm also loving seeing my first Moo Card - I see why people have raved about them!

My next package from the Yarn Pirate Booty Club is in the mail, traveling across the country as we speak.

In the meantime, I received my first shipment from the Chewy Spaghetti Blue Plate Special Club last week:

Chewy Spaghetti Blue Plate Special - August

The colorway is Frivolous. I love the matching sock bag - I didn't think I'd like one of these bags, of which there are many variations around the web (this particular one is by an Etsy seller whose name I do not know off the top of my head), but it turns out it's very convenient! If I'm bringing knitting with me somewhere, it's usually a sock in progress, and I found out that it's much easier to bring this and my purse than to pile everything up in the big corduroy bag I use as my knitting bag. But my knitting bag is happy to have another button (the Yarn Pirate button is already in place on the bag).

I haven't decided what this yarn will be yet, either, but I do know that I will probably pick a pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks or More Sensational Knitted Socks, and that it will be part of the sock queue I bring with me to Italy next month. :-)

In addition to my new Yarn Pirate shipment, the August shipment of the Rockin' Sock Club ships out next week, so there will be no shortage of sock club yarn around here!

4 Comments:

At August 17, 2007 12:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Drool drool drool. Next time you join a sock yarn club, can you let me know? I would love to do it too! I wish I didn't miss the Yarn Pirate one :-) I love anything "piratey" haha

 
At August 17, 2007 12:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and :-O you're going to Italy? For work or for vacation? Cool!

 
At August 17, 2007 12:56 PM, Blogger Lizzardie said...

The only sock club I know of right now with openings is the Chewy Spaghetti Happy Holidays Sock Club, which I am not joining: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6588977

Otherwise, I'll keep you updated on my sock club adventures in the future - I'm pretty sure there will be other Yarn Pirate clubs in the future.

The Italy trip is for fun - my first "real" vacation (without my family and more than a long weekend) and Italy has been my dream vacation spot for a long time. :-)

 
At August 17, 2007 3:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, maybe I will wait for Yarn Pirate to come around again, then :-) Thanks for keeping me posted.

And Italy, WOW!!! You are going to have a great time! Enjoy! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home