Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pomatomus - It's About Time

Well, I've been promising an entry about my Pomatomus socks for quite awhile now, and here it is. These socks have been a long time in the making. The skein of STR Mediumweight in Seal Rock was actually one of the very first skeins of sock yarn I bought, if you can believe that. I knit my first pair of socks last May and June - they were just plain stockinette, using stripey yarn from Knit Picks. I decided I was going to do Hedera next, for a little bit more of a challenge, and then Pomatomus, using my very first skein of Socks That Rock.

Well, I didn't even get to Hedera until January, after I had knit SEVEN pairs of gift socks, including one with a skein of STR. Yeah, I was way off schedule. And I would have done these right after Hedera, but I thought they would require far more concentration than they did, and most of my sock knitting at that time was done on the T. So Pomatomus continued to be put off (and I continued to knit more socks in STR, because of the Sock Club). Finally, though, I got around to knitting these, and now I'm posting about them.

The socks, I gotta say, were a pain to knit. All of those knitting through the back loop, using needles that were slightly too small for the yarn (at least in this pattern). I was also worried about running out of yarn - I had seen other blog posts from people using this yarn for this pattern, and they said they only did 2 repeats on the cuffs instead of 3, and I wanted 3. But running out of yarn was not a problem for me. I had just enough to make it through the socks.

Pomatomus - 2 of 3

Pattern: Knitty
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight, Seal Rock, 1 skein
Needles: US 1.5
Project Timeline: 6/16/07 - 7/10/07

The socks are nice and snug - I really think they fit me well, and I love love love this color (which is not currently on the BMFA website - not sure if it's discontinued or just not available). I am particularly happy with the way they stripe on the cuffs (which is hard to see in these photos, I realize), though the pooling on the foot is not my favorite look.

Pomatomus - 3 of 3

So in the end I'm very happy, but I will probably never knit this pattern again. :-)

3 Comments:

At August 14, 2007 2:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the color of those socks!!! Thanks for modeling them! :-)

 
At August 16, 2007 4:39 PM, Blogger Lizzardie said...

Hehehe, thanks! You're like my biggest cheerleader. :-)

 
At January 17, 2010 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys know that some Iranian hacker had busted twitter yesterday.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Laura[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home