Monday, October 22, 2007

Gryffindor Stripe Socks

Work has been getting in the way of blogging. I hate that!

Anyhow, I actually have a good number of things to show you, it's just a matter of how much time I'm going to have for blog show and tell! Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a post here or there, though, like I am now. ;-)

First: these are my version of Gryffindor Stripe Socks:

Gryffindor Stripe Socks

Pattern: My own; Mostly 3x1 rib, switching colors, with a short-row garter heel and a garter toe
Yarn: Louet Gems Fingering, Burgundy, 2 skeins, Mustard, 1 skein
Needles: US 1.5/US 0 for the top ribbing
Project Timeline: 7/27/07 - 8/29/07

I made these for my friend Jeff who loves maroon and Harry Potter. I really wanted to get some of Sunshins Yarns' self-striping yarn, but it goes so quickly! I made do with the Louet Gems, though, and it really is nice yarn. I hope it holds up well. I didn't bother to try and fix the jog when switching colors, because of the ribbing.

Ohh, the ribbing... when I started out, I didn't use ribbing, but they looked HUGE. I know Jeff has big feet, but I wasn't sure how big, and I didn't want to make something that wouldn't fit. I figured a nice 3x1 rib would look nice - wouldn't break up the stripes too much, but would make the socks nice and snug. And they are - they fit snugly around my legs but hopefully stretch big enough to fit Jeff.

I haven't heard if they fit or not. When I gave them to him, he said he would use them as mittens (I hope he was joking). I was too tired to argue - it was when he and Kristen brought Steph and I to the airport for our trip!

2 Comments:

At October 22, 2007 6:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope one day I can make my knitting look as good as yours!! Love these, awesome :-) Happy Halloween!

 
At October 23, 2007 3:34 PM, Blogger Lizzardie said...

Awww, thank you! It probably helps that this is all I do in my spare time. ;-)

Happy Halloween to you, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home