Friday, October 05, 2007

I'm Back!

Okay, so I've been back for over a week. What can I say, I've been busy! I didn't want to do a post without pictures, and I have A LOT of pictures to get through. But I couldn't stay away forever!

The trip was fun, very busy, though. Details will eventually be on my personal blog and pictures will be up on Flickr, so I won't bog this blog down with details. One thing I will say is that I got way less knitting done than I thought I would. The trip was very busy, and when I did have down time, I just didn't feel like knitting (shocking, I know!). But here's what I did accomplish:

Italy Knitting

The sock on the left is the Openwork Rib Socks pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks, done in Chewy Spaghetti Spaghettoni, Frivolous colorway (my first Blue Plate Special skein), and the sock on the right is Wendy's Southwestern Socks, available from The Loopy Ewe, in Fiesta Boomerang Misty Morning.

In order to knit on the airplanes without worrying about getting in trouble, I ordered some Crystal Palace Bamboo DPN from The Loopy Ewe before I left. Sadly, they did not arrive in time (my fault, not TLE's, because I entered my zip code wrong), so I bought some needles last minute at Woolcott and Company in Harvard Square (my default LYS). I went with some Brittany Birch 7in DPN in US 3 and 32inch Addi Naturals in US 2.5. I would have finished the Southwestern Socks, but I broke not one, but TWO of the Brittany's (one on the first day, ugh) and was unable to continue. I have emailed about replacements (their policy says they will replace them for five years free of charge) and hopefully I will have those replacements soon. In the meantime, I started work on the Openwork Rib Socks with the Addi Naturals, which I LOVE. Nice pointy tip with all the benefits of bamboo AND magic loop, yippee!

The picture lies a little. I did finish the first Openwork Rib Sock before I got back to Boston (that one was started in the Rome airport)... except for grafting the toe. Also, the next day, I took out the toe and added four rounds, then did the toe again and grafted the toe before taking the photo. But it's BASICALLY what I did during the trip. :-P

Next week: pictures of yarn received while I was gone, plus I will get back to showing completed and ongoing projects. Since returning, I quickly ordered yarn, received yarn and knit a scarf, all for my roommate's birthday (which it turns out is Monday). Now, I'm on a mission to finish a good number of the projects shown in my sidebar! Let's hope this turns out well!

2 Comments:

At October 08, 2007 8:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize you were back! I can't wait to see pictures of your trip, I'm sure it was amazing! And I love the socks. I almost took a trip to Woolcott this weekend, but my conscience kicked in. The Fiesta Boomerang is gorgeous :-)

 
At October 09, 2007 2:45 PM, Blogger Lizzardie said...

I've actually been back for two weeks, it's just taken me awhile to get back in the groove.

I'll let you know when pictures are up and available. :-)

I'm loving the Fiesta Boomerang, both the color and the feel of the yarn - it's going to take a lot for me not to order a ton more of this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home